Stylish Crochet, Sewing, Bead work, Cakes and Upcycling

♥ The Best kind of therapy comes in the form of a needle and thread ♥

Monday, September 20, 2010

Minnie Mouse

The original Disney Princess;  The Queen Princess;  The one, the only... Minnie Mouse!  I've said it before, and I stick to my words. No other Disney character can come close.  Minnie was created/born in the year 1928 by Walt Disney, and has been a loving favorite ever since.  
Look at her, still beautiful at 82 years old. 
Minnie was the focus of my most recent "Big Project" A cross stitched on crochet blanket that will keep a special little girl warm for years and years and years to come.  I like to make these crochet blankets because they are special  and super durable. I especially like the fact that  you can throw them in the washer and dryer and not have to worry about shrinkage, color bleeding, or fading. 

Read on... I'll show you how this was made
START DATE: August 18th
END DATE: September 12th
24 days to complete

It all started with an idea, an old Leisure Arts pattern book, and 2 lbs of white yarn.
After about a week, I was ready to create art on my canvas.  X after X after X, Minnie's face began to take form.
..........

Her signature hair bow accessory is affixed, her eyes are looking bright, and I see a smile coming through, it's time to get dressed.  Instead of the purple dress we see in the pattern,  whadda' you say we give her something even more feminine, like a dress in soft pink with white polka dots?
...........
Oh my! A girl's gotta have her shoes, right?  
Next we'll give her black stockings and pink shoes to match her hair bow.....
Looking good Minnie !

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I have a blogger award for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I had fun making that skull. I just love your character blankets! Wish I could do something like that. I can crochet pot holders but nothing too fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kittycat, thans for stopping by. I'm thinking that I might use that skull pattern for a small blanket as soon as I am finished with some of my other projects. You'd be surprised how easy the character blankets are. It's just a single crochet stitch and then you cross stitch on top of that.

    Do you have any pics of your finished pot holders on your blog? I didnt see any, but would love to.

    ReplyDelete