Stylish Crochet, Sewing, Bead work, Cakes and Upcycling

♥ The Best kind of therapy comes in the form of a needle and thread ♥

Monday, October 10, 2011

A scrumptious bowl of Amigurumi Strawberries

So lately, I just cant seem to get into my typical jewelry making mode. I've  been spending so much time with my yarn and crochet hooks. I guess because I can pretty much take them anywhere with me and, it is very soothing.  


I found this very cute Strawberry pattern written by Julia Kelly on her blog. The pattern was super easy and fun.  I did alter it just a wee bit though.  The pattern calls for  a size G hook for the strawberry and a F hook for the leaves.  I used an F hook for both, and I was just a little too lazy for the intricate details of the seeds. If you have the time for the seeds, I say "Go For It", your strawberry will look cuter and more realistic.

I decided to create a bowl to put the berries in, so if you are interested, here is that pattern.
Materials:
Worsted Weight white yarn (Red Heart super saver)
size F crochet hook
stitch marker

Note: Bowl is worked in continuous circle

Begin with Magic Circle
Round 1: Single crochet 6
Round 2: Single crochet 2 in each stitch (12)
Round 3: *Single crochet, increase in next*, Repeat ** (18)
Round 4: *Single crochet in next 2, Increase in next*, Repeat ** (24)
Round 5: *Single crochet in next 3, increase in next*, Repeat ** (30)
Round 6: *Single crochet in next 4, increase in next*, Repeat ** (36)
Round 7: *Single crochet in next 5, increase in next*, Repeat ** (42)
Round 8 - 14: Single crochet 1 in each stitch (42)
Fasten off and roll top row outward

The strawberry pattern is also free, you can CLICK HERE to visit Julia Kellys blog

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Great job on the bowl too! I also have some patterns that have too much detail that I don't always feel like including either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda. Glad I'm not alone with the little details thing. :)

    ReplyDelete