Stylish Crochet, Sewing, Bead work, Cakes and Upcycling

♥ The Best kind of therapy comes in the form of a needle and thread ♥

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

One more way to use your Toilet Paper

My son is on spring break this week and I decided to take a much needed day off at the office to spend some quality time with my little guy. We hopped into the car and headed over the Bay Bridge to San Francisco where we decided on visiting the Ripleys Believe it or Not tourist spot.
I want you all to look very closely at what I seen in a Ripleys Display case. I thought this was a gorgeous wedding dress.


 


 

I can't tell you how many bridal showers and parties I've been to where us girls have lots of laughs and bond over cocktails and that silly game where we team up to see who can make the most chic and elegant wedding dress out of toilet paper.  I'd like to add that my own sad looking toilet paper ensemble won the last game I was in, but, by no stretch of the imagination did it ever look anything like this one.  

As much fun as the bridal shower contests were, I never gave it much more though, until now.  This signed accompanied the dress on display at Ripleys. Congrats to Terri Glover of Marlin Texas , not just for winning 2nd prize in the Cheap Chic Weddings annual toilet paper wedding dress contest, but for also showing her prize displayed in one of the top tourists destinations!


Did you see the details in the dress?   I became so fascinated that I decided to google Cheap Chic toilet paper wedding dress contest, and was amazed at the entries and other winners.  I might need to take notes so I can win at the next bridal shower contest I go too.  Who knows, maybe the bride to be may want to wear my creation on her special day. Imagine that, a multi-functional dress that allows you look pretty and blow you nose at the same time while you're exchanging vows at the alter.  Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting about our annual contest! Your timing could not be better as we are about to announce the start of our Eighth Annual contest next week! Would love it if you would encourage your readers to enter!!

    Thanks again
    Susan Bain
    www.cheap-chic-weddings.com

    ReplyDelete